SizeGenetics Tips. Under the skin of the penis is a fine network of nerve cells. These receptors are responsible for sending tactile sensations to the brain, resulting in the feelings of pleasure that men so actively seek out, whether with a partner or during frequent solo sessions. However, as sensitive as the penis is under ideal conditions, there are plenty of issues that can affect this delicate tissue, resulting in reduced sensitivity that may ultimately interfere with the ability to enjoy sex. Fortunately, with the right penis care regimen, men of all ages can protect their penis and even reverse the problem. These five tips are a starting point for a healthy, responsive penis.
1. Clean – Although this might seem like a no-brainer to most people, the truth is that a lot of guys are a little bit casual when it comes to hygiene. Washing the penis skin daily – and not skipping on pulling back the foreskin to clean away the buildup of fluids and dead skin cells – can go a long way toward preventing skin irritation and infection that may reduce penis sensation. Men should avoid using ordinary soaps for this task, as these can cause drying and irritation. Instead, a mild, all-natural soap containing olive oil or shea butter may have better results.
2. Moisturize – Dry penis skin is common, especially in cold weather, and it can be a major factor in sensitivity loss. As the skin dries, it often develops tiny fissures; the body’s response to this drying and cracking is to develop a protective layer of skin tissue, or keratin, in order to make the outer dermal layers more resistant to minor injury. Unfortunately, this keratinized tissue puts a barrier between the outer skin and the nerve receptors, making it more difficult to detect tactile pressure. The result is loss of sensitivity, which can make getting and maintaining an erection problematic.
3. Nourish – Like the rest of the body, the skin and nerve cells of the penis need the right nutrients to function properly and to repair themselves after damage. For instance, vitamin C is an important nutrient required for the formation of healthy connective tissue (for maintaining the skin’s elasticity) and circulatory tissue (for maintaining proper blood flow). Amino acids such as L-arginine are also important in the formation and repair of nerve sensory tissue. Ensuring that the penis gets enough of these nutrients may help to protect against sensitivity loss and restore lost penis sensation.
4. Protect – Given its function, the penis may be exposed to a wide range of irritants and infectious agents. Protecting the penis with an adequate moisture barrier supplemented with natural antibacterials such as vitamin A can help to prevent bacterial and fungal infections from taking hold, as well as keeping the skin smooth, supple and blemish-free.
5. Try new techniques – Although most guys have a tried-and-true technique for masturbation, not to mention a preferred position with a partner, doing the same thing every time can actually diminish the responsiveness of the corresponding nerve cells. Trying a new technique for self-pleasuring, using toys such as feathers, and going with something besides the same old missionary style can activate new nerve receptors and create a whole range of new sensations, making for a pleasantly erotic experience.
Products for improving the tone and texture of the penis skin. Rather than hitting up the beauty aisle for ordinary skin creams that are designed for a woman’s skin, men may find that a high quality penis vitamin formula (most health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil) is a more effective way to improve the appearance, resilience and sensitivity of the penis skin. Applying a penis health crème on a daily basis, after showering, is suggested for best results.